Tuesday, November 28, 2017

> by Positive Story in ,    No comments
Elizabeth Akunyili

Elizabeth Akunyili (Liza) started out innocently until she experienced a psychological trauma as a result of being sexually harassed at the age of 14. Since then, life to her had no meaning. In an exclusive interview, Liza tells the  story of her downward spiral and  rise from the ashes of shame to a glorious height where she now mentors and guides others who may never rise without a helping hand.

My father was and still is a voracious reader. So, it's no wonder I read a lot. I was reading Time magazine at ten. I would write out the new words and find their dictionary meanings. To a large extent, you would say I had a good life. My parents were always there to trash every wrong thing out of you in the African way but they were never negligent. 

However, as a girl of fourteen, I was sexually harassed by a close friend. I was unable to confide in anyone and bore a lot of guilt and resentment. This caused me a lot of psychological trauma (pornography addiction, hatred for men and seeing myself as an object), affected my studies and also my interpersonal relationships. I tried very hard to shut out the hurt by shutting myself away from everyone else. I became very distrustful of people and preferred to always be by myself. After a while, I tried to heal by reading voraciously, particularly on how to help other sufferers. I became an adept researcher, and I started spending plenty of time trying to help people. Considering my tender age, it was relatively hard work for my small shoulders.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

> by Gbalajobi Adejuwon in , , ,    1 comment


Forgiveness is a gift that we have received from God, and it must be given to others too. To walk in forgiveness, we must acknowledge our own sinfulness and imperfection before God, and accept his gift of forgiveness. As someone who has received forgiveness from God, it therefore becomes necessary for us to forgive others. As a matter of fact, when we refuse to forgive others, we deny ourselves of God’s gift of forgiveness. To forgive and be forgiven is a law of life; it is a natural law which governs our affairs as men. God only forgives those who are ready to forgive.
Our sins can be categorized into three, these are: our past sins, our present sins and the sins we are yet to commit. Now how does this affect us? God had shown us an example of forgiveness by forgiving us of our past sins, the realization of this should propel us to forgive others for this is how God wants it. When we forgive others, then God forgives our present sins, that is, the sins we have just committed, but when we refuse to forgive, our present sin remains before God. The only way to receive forgiveness for present sins is to forgive those who have offended you. Jesus, while teaching his disciples how to pray said an important prayer: “Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.”  He also told a parable about a servant whose debt was forgiven by his master having pleaded to his master for mercy.
However, when this servant was forgiven his debts, he (the servant), saw another man who owed him as well. But instead of forgiving this man as he has been forgiven, he did otherwise‒he dragged this man to the prison. When his master who had forgiven him heard of how merciless he had been to another, he got furious and had him thrown into the prison until he is able to pay his debt. What is the moral of this parable? God can be likened to the master who had forgiven this merciless servant, while the servant can be likened to one who despite having been forgiven, refused to forgive others. Such a person will not be forgiven by their master, and the payment of their debt shall be required of them.
Now, how can one who is in the prison repay his debt since he can’t work? As it is hard for him to pay so also it is for us if God is asking for a just recompense of us not forgiving others. Forgiving others is necessary in order to receive forgiveness from God.




Sunday, September 3, 2017

> by Gbalajobi Adejuwon in , , ,    No comments




Living with unforgiveness is like eating a rotten fruit, it

Monday, August 21, 2017

Monday, August 14, 2017

> by Gbalajobi Adejuwon in ,    No comments


Adversity as defined by Merriam Webster Dictionary is:  a difficult situation or condition; misfortune or tragedy.

People’s reaction in times of adversity always tends to be negative. Some will doubt if God really exist, some will doubt his love, some will fall into a life of seclusion and self-pity refusing to seek for help and hold grudges, becoming weighed down with the burden of their sorrows.

But should this be our reaction? Can't we find beauty in times of adversity? I believe we can.

I believe we can bring out something positive in times of adversity.

The first thing to know is that there are series of lessons to learn in life and life teaches with adverse times. The time of adversity helps us to identify and work on our weakness. I see adversity as a university where one can obtain a degree in maturity from.

Also, adversity helps us to discover the strength in us. Life does not test one above his/her inner strength; the severity of the time of adversity is equal to our capacity to solve it. This may require us to seek for help, lean and trust in God and the people around us; but one thing that is sure is that with courage, we can come out of times of adversity as a better person.

One gets buried in times of adversity not because it is too much to bear but because one decides to be a victim. We fade away in adversity if we believe that there is no way out. This is why we need to learn from people who have passed through difficult times and have come out better. Their story will inspire and strengthen us. There is really no new thing under the heaven and what we are going through is not peculiar to us alone.

There are millions of people who have turned adversity into something beautiful. In fact, the passage into success is failure. A successful person is someone who has learned from past failures. Instead of giving up, why not give it one last push, or even many more? It may even require you to use a new method and sometimes, resilience is what is needed, but we should never give in to adversity.

Perhaps this is what God is trying to teach us through nature- the life of a seed. A seed is buried in the ground, enclosed by darkness but a time comes when it springs up into life and bears many fruits.

The times of adversity is designed to bring out the best in you.

Stay Positive.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

> by Positive Story in , ,    No comments

There was a boy, whose family was very wealthy. One day his father took him on a trip to the country, where he aimed to show his son how poor people live. So they arrived to a farm of a very poor family, as he considered. They spent there several days. On their return, the father asked his son, "Did you like the trip?"

"Oh, it was great, dad" – the boy replied.

"Did you notice how poor people live?"

"Yeah, I did"- said the boy.

The father asked his son to tell in more details about his impressions from their trip.

Friday, February 17, 2017

> by Positive Story in ,    No comments

Every marriage faces hardship. It’s a given. This list covers most of the common troubles, but your situation is unique. The key point here is to face the difficulty – whatever kind of struggle it is – together with your wife.

Do you remember your marriage vows?

“For better, for worse…”

“In sickness and in health…”

“For richer, for poorer…”

These promises presuppose tough times. We went into our marriage with our eyes open, so there’s really no excuse for not bringing everything we have to the table when things – once in a while – get dicey.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

> by Positive Story in , , ,    No comments

Some years ago on a hot summer day in south Florida a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door, leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went.

He flew into the water, not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the shore. His mother in the house, who was looking out the window, saw the two as they got closer and closer together. In utter fear, she ran toward the water, yelling to her son as loudly as she could. Hearing her voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his mother. It was too late. Just as he reached her, the alligator reached him. From the dock, the mother grabbed her little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. That began an incredible tug-of-war between the two. The alligator was much stronger than the mother, but the mother was much too passionate to let go.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

> by Positive Story in ,    No comments
What happens when you keep hatred in your heart

An inspirational story of a kindergarten teacher who decided to let her class play a game. The teacher told each child in the class to bring along a plastic bag containing a few potatoes. Each potato will be given a name of a person that the child hates. So the number of potatoes that a child will put in his/her plastic bag will depend on the number of people he/she hates.

So when the day came, every child brought some potatoes with the name of the people he/she hated. Some had 2 potatoes, some 3 while some up to 5 potatoes. The teacher then told the children to carry the potatoes in the plastic bag with them wherever they go for 1 week.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

> by Positive Story in ,    No comments
If  you Love some one because you think that he/she is really gorgeous- Then it’s not love  it’s”Infatuation”.. .
If you love some one because you think that you shouldn’t leave him because others think that you shouldn’t…Then it’s not love,, it’s“compromise”…
If you love some one because you think that you cannot live with out his touch…Then it’s not love, it’s”lust”…
If you love some one because you have been kissed by him… Then it’s not love,, it’s“inferiority complex”…

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

> by Positive Story in ,    1 comment
Mak Filiser
It seemed like a usual nursing home with usual patients. However, in that dull space somewhere there was a man who was beautifully scripting about his life during his last days in a form of heart-touching poem. Mak Filiser, 86, died in the geriatric ward of a nursing home and since he had no visitors, the nurses believed that he left nothing behind of any real value.

But the day a nurse came to clean out Mak’s room after he passed on, everything changed. One of the nurses noticed something. It was a poem that Mak had written. She proceeded to read it and was so floored by his words that she ended up making copies of it and sharing with every employee at the nursing home.

In today’s world when children are leaving their parents at old age homes, this should be an eye opener. Our parents and grandparents raise us, care for us, and love us and then one day we forget all about them. The poem is entitled; “Cranky Old Man” and it no doubt give us some very valuable lessons. Take a look…

CRANKY OLD MAN BY MAK FILISER

What do you see nurses? What do you see? 
What are you thinking…when you’re looking at me?
A cranky old man…not very wise,
Uncertain of habit…with faraway eyes?
Who dribbles his food…and makes no reply.
When you say in a loud voice…I do wish you’d try!’
Who seems not to notice…the things that you do. 
And forever is losing…A sock or shoe? 

Friday, December 23, 2016

> by Positive Story in    2 comments

What do you see yourself doing 5, 10 or 20 years from now? What would your ideal life look life? Perhaps you’d like to live on a tropical island and write novels or travel the world. The good news is that you can achieve your deepest dreams, desires and ambitions by taking small steps on a regular basis. Here’s how you can create your ideal life, slowly but surely.

Decide What You Want to Achieve
Write down all the things you’d like to achieve in as many different areas of your life as possible.

Think about such areas as:
Your work: Ask yourself if you’re happy in your current career or if you’ve always dreamed of doing something else, such as starting your own business or earning a living from painting, writing or another creative skill.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

> by Positive Story in ,    No comments

I am seldom considered, though I do more to influence everything about you than virtually any one thing in your life. I often control the time you get up in the morning, the time you go to sleep, what you eat and drink and the very thought that runs through your head. I can make you either happy or sad, loving or hateful, cheerful or remorseful, congenial or spiteful and in doing so, control the very capacity that you have for success.

No, you don’t often think of me instead you BLAME the problem I create on the shortcoming of others, or the state of the economy, or your family or a million other reasons. Often at times unable to find anyone else to BLAME you look for shortcomings within yourself on which to lay the BLAME.